You are reading the article How To Detect When Your Android Device Is Being Stolen? updated in February 2024 on the website Eastwest.edu.vn. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested March 2024 How To Detect When Your Android Device Is Being Stolen?
You know how cars have those annoying but extremely useful alarm sounds that trigger automatically when someone tries to steal the car. Well, you can have almost the same functionality for your cell phone.
If you use public transport to travel or regularly visit a crowded place or perhaps just want to be sure nobody steals your device from your pocket, we present to you an amazing app, Pocket Sense.
Pocket Sense triggers an alarm when your device is being stolen from your pocket. The app detects the movement and notifies you through a high volume alarm.
The app is extremely simple to use and not only alarms you when your device is being stolen from your pocket but has two other amazing modes, Charge Sense and Motion Sense, for you to live tension free about your device. The mode that notifies you when your device is pick-pocketed is called Pocket Sense mode.
To detect when the device is being stolen, install the Pocket sense app from the Google Play Store and enable “Pocket Sense Mode” in the app. That’s all you have to do.
Download → Pocket Sense Android app
After enabling it, if anyone tries to pickpocket your device, the app will trigger an alarm tone which is a Police Siren.
Don’t like the default alarm tone? You can change the alarm tone in the settings and set it to a nuke alert, warning tone or an annoying alarm. Also, in case you are wondering, the alarm is turned off only after you unlock your device with your pin. Basically, Pocket Sense is going to give nightmares to pickpockets.
→ Create your own personalized stickers
Moving on, suppose you are in a public place like an airport and have kept your phone for charging, far away from you where you cannot see it. In a normal scenario, you would constantly be thinking about your device and checking it every now and then. But, with the help of Pocket Sense app, say goodbye to such circumstances.
→ How to backup your Android Phone
With Pocket Sense app, if anyone tries to remove the charger, either to steal your device or to charge their own device, the second mode of the app called “Charge Sense Mode” kicks in.
The intelligent Pocket Sense app raises an alarm if your phone is removed from the charger, notifying you of the vicious act. Similar to “Pocket Sense mode”, you have to unlock your device to stop the alarm.
To start this service, just enable the “Charge Sense mode” in the app. Also, to my delight, the app notifies you to turn on the Charge Sense mode when you plug-in the charger. Wow!
You are going to like the third mode of the app if you are the type of person who gets really annoyed when someone touches your phone when it’s lying around. Called as the “Motion Sense Mode”, the app triggers an alarm when your mobile is moved from any particular place and alerts you about the inhuman deed. To start this service, just enable the “Motion Sense Mode” in the app.
Now that you know about all the modes offered by the marvelous app, install it and enjoy the supremacy.
You're reading How To Detect When Your Android Device Is Being Stolen?
Losing your iPhone is frightening since someone may access your sensitive information, such as Photos or Apple Pay. So, the first thing you must do is erase all data on your iPhone. Although the Apple Pay service is very safe and doesn’t work without your Touch ID or Face ID, you should make sure to remove Apple Pay from a lost iPhone. Below, I will show you three methods to disable Apple Pay remotely.
How to disable Apple Pay using the Find My app
You may remove Apple Pay from your iPhone using other Apple devices linked to the Find My app. So, first, arrange for another iPhone from your family or friends. To turn off Apple Pay, do the following:
Open the Find My app.
Choose your lost iPhone and swipe upwards.
Now tap Activate under Mark As Lost section.
If you don’t have a passcode lock, set a new passcode. Then enter it one more time to confirm.
Also, leave a message on the device’s screen for more convenience.
This action will suspend all cards related to Apple Pay on the lost iPhone. If you previously have a passcode on your iPhone, it will immediately enable the Activation Lock.
Disable Apple Pay from iCloud
If you don’t have access to any iPhone, you may still activate Lost Mode for your stolen iPhone from the iCloud website.
Open chúng tôi on your Mac.
Log in using your Apple ID and password.
From the device list, choose your lost iPhone.
Tap Lost Mode. It will disable Apple Pay and lock your iPhone with a passcode.
You can also add your other phone number and a viewable message for other people. If you found your iPhone, input the passcode you generated to reactivate Apple Pay.
Remove card details from Apple ID website
From the Apple ID website, you may remove the cards linked to Apple Pay without turning on Lost Mode. This means you don’t have to contact your card issuer to suspend your cards from Apple Pay. What you need to do is as follows:
Open chúng tôi on your browser.
Then choose your lost iPhone to delete your cards.
A pop-up window will ask to confirm. Tap Remove.
Now Removal Pending will appear under the selected credit card. And the credit card will disappear in a few minutes. You must re-enter the credit card details once you get your iPhone back.FAQ
Q. Why should you disable Apple Pay?
You may think why you should remove Apple Pay from a lost iPhone if Apple says Apple Pay is almost impenetrable. In reality, there is a potential that a hacker might get beyond Apple Pay’s security, access your cards, and steal money from your accounts. So, Apple offers several ways to disable Apple Pay remotely and remove credit card information from lost iPhones.
So, that’s all for today, folks!
As you now know how to remotely disable Apple Pay on a lost iPhone, you can prevent others from using your cards. Mark your device as lost or manually erase your credit card information until you find the device again.
Ava is an enthusiastic consumer tech writer coming from a technical background. She loves to explore and research new Apple products & accessories and help readers easily decode the tech. Along with studying, her weekend plan includes binge-watching anime.
While Tasker for Android is powerful, it can sometimes be difficult to use. If setting up Tasker profiles has been a pain, then this is your chance to enjoy some automation on your Android device.1. Launch Music Player When You Plug in Headphones
3. Give this task any name you want when prompted.
4. Now tap the “+” button. Choose Apps, then “Launch App”. Select your preferred music app. You are done!2. Set Phone to Mute Calls When Turned Upside-Down
When you are in a lecture or a meeting, this Tasker profile can spare you some real embarrassment. It uses your phone’s orientation feature to detect a change in the position of your phone.
1. Create a new Tasker profile, but this time choose “State,” and then select “Sensor.”
2. Open the menu options and select “Face Down.” Go back.
That’s all!3. Open Some Apps in a Sequence
If you need to consume information fast, here’s your profile. It’s helpful if you love the feeling of automating your day.
1. Create a new Tasker profile and select “Application.” A list will show on the next screen. Choose the application you want to open first. Go back.4. Send Text Message When Battery Juice Is About to Run Out
Sometimes you may be on a trip or a volunteer mission and can’t afford to plug your phone in to charge. Having a flat battery could mean that you are cut off from family and friends for a while.
You don’t want them worrying about your safety. This Tasker profile sends a text to them as soon as your phone hits a set low battery percentage.
1. Create a new profile and choose “State.”
2. From the options, choose “Power,” and then select “Battery Level.”
3. Set the battery level for which you want Tasker to send the text message. Go back.5. Use Tasker Profiles to Secure Your Apps
Privacy is a sensitive topic, and you need as much of it as you can get. Thankfully, the Tasker app provides the means to lock away some of your essential applications from prying eyes.
1. Create a profile and choose “Application.” From the list, select the applications that you need to secure. Go back. Choose a name for the new task and hit the “+” button. Select “Display,” then choose “Lock.”
2. Now select the lock key for the section.6. Switch Mobile Data Off When Battery Is Low
2. Choose a name for the new task profile and tap on the “+” button. On the next screen choose “Net,” then “Mobile Data,” and then select “Turn On.”7. Set Up an Alarm to Catch Privacy Invaders
Remember those apps you secured for privacy reasons? This Tasker profile helps you protect them further. It sets up an alarm that alerts you the moment someone attempts to open them.
2. In the next set of options, tweak the settings such as frequency, duration, and amplitude per your liking.8. Switch WiFi on When You Open Google Maps
Google Maps work best when using WiFi, so it’s best that you switch to this mode while using maps. Also, WiFi helps you save on mobile data cost. These instructions show how to configure the Tasker mode to help you achieve this.
2. In the next screen, change the status to “On.” Now you are all set.9. Turn Off Auto-Rotate During Bedtime
Nothing is as annoying as having your phone flip orientation when you are using it on the bed. This Tasker profile automatically turns off the auto-rotate feature during bedtime hours.Wrapping Up
Tasker is a powerful tool that can turn your Android phone into a powerful personal assistant. If you haven’t used the Tasker app before now, this is your chance. Tasker profiles should not be a pain to set up anymore.
Nicholas Godwin is a technology researcher who helps businesses tell profitable brand stories that their audiences love. He’s worked on projects for Fortune 500 companies, global tech corporations and top consulting firms, from Bloomberg Beta, Accenture, PwC, and Deloitte to HP, Shell, and AT&T. You may follow his work on Twitter or simply say hello. His website is Tech Write Researcher.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up for all newsletters.
We will show you how to enable Lost Mode for an iPhone or iPad that was lost, stolen, misplaced, or left behind using the Find My app. Lost Mode will password-protect your device, lock it remotely, and also display a custom message with your phone number.
Using Find My is the first step to protecting your iPhone or iPad in case it is lost or stolen. The feature lets you effectively track your device and even lock it, making it virtually useless to anyone who would find or steal it. You most likely already have Find My activated on your iPhone or iPad, as it’s automatically enabled after you set up your device and sign in using your Apple ID.
The most powerful feature of Find My iPhone is Activation Lock, a way for you to remotely lock your device by putting it in Lost Mode. By doing so, you will be able to remotely password-protect the device and add a custom message on its Lock Screen so that if someone finds your misplaced phone or tablet, they can call you and arrange a meet-up.
Also worth highlighting is that when put in Lost Mode, no one will be able to restore or reactivate your device without your Apple ID and password. If this might not prevent someone from stealing your device, it will at least prevent this person from doing anything with it.
Lost Mode can be enabled from both the Find My app on any iOS device or from chúng tôi in a web browser.
In the steps below, I am using my iPhone to find my lost iPad. The process to turn on Lost Mode on a stolen iPhone, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac is similar.
How to put your iPhone or iPad in Lost Mode
1) Open the pre-installed Apple Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
If you don’t own another Apple device, you can use the Find My app on your family member’s or friend’s iPhone or iPad or use chúng tôi in a web browser (explained below). Note that you must log in using the same Apple ID/password as the device you are trying to put into Lost Mode.
2) Go to the Devices section of the Find My app.
3) Find My will show a map and a list of devices that are linked to your Apple ID. Tap the device you lost or one that was stolen. In this case, it’s my iPad Pro.
5) Tap Activate under the Mark As Lost heading.
6) You will now see a summary of what will happen after you mark the device as lost:
Notify When Found: You will receive a notification when the location becomes available.
Activation Lock: This device is linked to your Apple ID, so no one else can use it.
Passcode Required: Your device cannot be unlocked until the correct passcode has been entered.
Device Protected: Payment cards and other services will be suspended as a safety precaution.
Leave a Message: Leave a number and message to be displayed for the person who finds this iPad.
7) If the device you’re trying to put in Lost Mode doesn’t have a passcode, Find My will require you to set one up on the spot. Type in a passcode and type the new passcode again to confirm. If you already have a passcode enabled on the device, you can go straight to the next step.
8) Enter a phone number that will be displayed on the lost or stolen device and tap Next. Although optional, it is highly recommended you add your phone number so people can reach you if they find your device. It could be your other number that’s with you or the phone number of a family member or friend.
9) Enter a message that’s up to 160 characters and tap Next. By default, the message is “This iPhone/iPad has been lost. Please call me.” but you can customize it the way you want. Just like phone number, this message will be visible to the finder. You can put your email here or a request message asking the finder to return your device.
10) Finally, double-check the phone number, the added message, keep Notify When Found enabled, and tap Activate. Make sure you stay on this screen until it completes processing and takes you back to the Find My app.
What happens after you put your iPhone or iPad in Lost Mode?
1) Your custom message and phone number will appear on the Lock Screen of the lost or stolen iPhone and iPad. If a person finds it, they can use the phone number and message there to reach you, set up a meeting, and return your device.
When an iPhone is in Lost Mode, the finder will also see a big Call button. Tapping it will instantly call you on the number you added while following the above steps. The call will be placed using the SIM card on your lost or stolen iPhone. The finder can also see the displayed phone number and call you using their mobile.
2) Your lost or stolen device can also send its location to your other device if the lost device is connected to the internet via mobile data or a known Wi-Fi network. Additionally, your iPhone (even if turned off), iPad, and Mac with no internet connectivity can also use the Find My network to relay its location to you.
3) Apple automatically puts your lost device in Low Power Mode so that it can stay online and reachable for longer.
4) You will see the red lock icon and the battery status of your lost or stolen device in the Find My app.
5) If someone tries to plug your iPhone into a Mac or iTunes on Windows PC to restore it, they won’t be able to, and they will see the following message, asking them to first turn off Find My iPhone.
How to turn off Lost Mode
After you find your misplaced device or it was returned to you, you can turn off Lost Mode by simply entering the correct device passcode. Alternatively, you can also follow these steps:
Open the Find My app on your other iPhone, iPad, or Mac and go to the Devices section.
Select your device that’s in Lost Mode.
Tap Activated under Mark As Lost.
Now, enter the passcode on your stolen-now-found device to get inside it.
Finally, enter your Apple ID password
Once you turn off Lost Mode on your found iPhone or iPad, you may have to enter your Apple ID password before you can use iCloud and other related features. Do that, and then your device is ready to use.
Use chúng tôi to turn on Lost Mode
If you don’t have access to another iOS device, you can enable Lost Mode from any web browser.
1) Visit chúng tôi in a web browser and sign in using your Apple ID.
You might also find these articles interesting:
This Happens When You Connect AirPod To Your Android
Here is yet another wonderful thing you can do with AirPods, you can connect AirPods to Android device. While AirPods and Apple smartphones are made for each other, you can even pair AirPods with Android with ease.Technology With Which A User Able To Connect AirPods To Android?
AirPods work well with Apple because they have a W1/H1 chip because of which they automatically pair with an Apple smartphone. Still, there use Bluetooth technology because of which you can easily connect AirPods to Android.Why Connect AirPods To Android
Before answering how to connect AirPods to Android you would want to know so as to why would you connect AirPods to Android? You would also probably is using AirPods with Android the right deal?
First of all, AirPods and Android device is a cheaper arrangement. You won’t have to first spend oodles on Apple device and then more on AirPods.
You have heard Android Bluetooth earphones, they are good! But somewhere down the line AirPods give you a much better audio quality. Plus, AirPods have a better Bluetooth range. You can walk around more and still be connected to your music and calls.
So, isn’t using AirPods with Android could just be the right deal!How To Connect AirPod To Android
Now, let’s get down to actual business. If you are wondering how to connect AirPod to Android follow the steps mentioned below –
1. Open the case containing AirPods and switch the pairing mode on by pressing and holding the button at the back. You will now see an LED light blinking. This way your AirPods will be ready to get paired with a device
2. In your Android device, slide down the Notifications panel and hold the Bluetooth to open its settings. Slide the On to the right to switch it on. Make sure you have enabled the option which lets you discover devices.
3. You will now find the name of your AirPods showing up in the list. Tap on your desired AirPods. You will now receive a notification that will confirm if you want to pair your Android device with the desired AirPods
4. It would take a couple of seconds for AirPods to pair with your Android device. That’s it ! you now have successfully connected AirPods to Android deviceWhat Do You Get And What You Don’t When You Connect AirPods To Android
As mentioned above when you connect AirPods to Android, you won’t have much issues with the sound quality, but you won’t be able to enjoy all the features. Here are some features that won’t work when you will pair AirPods with Android:
The automatic ear detection functionality
You won’t be able to customize the double tap feature
Auto-pausing and Siri assistance will not work as automatic ear detection will be disabled and Android doesn’t have Siri
Although you will be able to see the battery life of AirPod on Android.How To Check AirPod Battery On An Android Device
When you connect AirPods to Android, you are not shown the battery by default. You can take help from a third-party app to check the battery status of AirPods. One of the best apps that can help you do that Air Battery. Apart from showing the battery of AirPods on your Android device, it can also show you the battery life of various other W1 devices like Beats Solo, Beat X and many others.
Now, the battery of AirPods is divided into two parts. Each of the AirPods have their own battery life and the case has a battery life of its own. After you have installed the app on your Android device, keep your AirPods connected and tap on the icon. An overlay will appear which will show you the battery life of each of the AirPods.
Apart from that, if you wish to see the battery life of the case, all you have to do is put one of the AirPods back in the case.Would You Or Won’t You
We’d like to ask all smartphone users, especially the ones who have an Android device – would you now invest in AirPods and connect AirPods to Android device? Why/ why not? And if you are an existing AirPods user, how has your experience of using them? (especially, if you are an Android user).Quick Reaction:
About the author
Thanks to a smaller market share, Macs are not as susceptible to malware infections as their Windows counterparts. However, it’s still possible to find your Mac infected with malware. If you want to remove malware from your Mac, the following will show you how.What Is Malware?
Malware, short for “malicious software,” is any type of program that interferes with the operation of a user’s computer or acts against the desires of the user. According to Wikipedia, this includes “computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs.”
These are sometimes called “Potentially Unwanted Programs,” or PUPs. Browser toolbars often fall into this category as well as other spammy or intentionally misleading applications. Users might want to keep them, but there’s a good chance they’re causing damage to your system without your knowledge.
Not every slow computer is suffering from a malware infection. Less-experienced computer users will often chalk up all manner of system problems to “viruses” and “malware.” While some of this is true, there are sometimes other steps that need to be taken to return your machine to good working order. Just because your malware scan comes up negative doesn’t mean your computer is working perfectly. And while Macs require less maintenance than Windows machines, keeping your hard drive full to the brim or running too many applications will still slow you down.Install Malwarebytes
1. Download Malware from the developer’s website (Optional: Get 25% off Malwarebytes Premium).
4. Follow the installer instructions to complete the installation.Running Malwarebytes
1. Locate the Malwarebytes logo in your menu bar. This bar is at the top of your computer’s screen near your clock.
3. Select “Start Scan.” This will begin scanning your computer for malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and viruses.
4. It may take a while to run, and you will not get a progress indicator during this time. You can tell that the service is still running if “Stop Scan” appears in the dropdown menu.Removing Malware from Your Mac with Malwarebytes Conclusion
With Malwarebytes you can scan your Mac for malware as frequently as you would like. If you want real-time, proactive protection, you can get the Malwarebytes Premium subscription tier. This enables automated, round-the-clock monitoring for suspicious files.
Alexander Fox is a tech and science writer based in Philadelphia, PA with one cat, three Macs and more USB cables than he could ever use.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up for all newsletters.
Update the detailed information about How To Detect When Your Android Device Is Being Stolen? on the Eastwest.edu.vn website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!